Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Country Natural Beef

 I looked up my local fast food hamburger place online & emailed the place where they get their beef from which is from Country Natural  
http://www.countrynaturalbeef.com/
From: secondaccount@juno.com [mailto:secondaccount@juno.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:13 AM
To: questions@countrynaturalbeef.com; secondaccount@juno.com
Subject: Corn

Hello, I like the way you care for & feed your beef however, When you grain feed them then do you use Non-GMO products? If not then why not? I will not eat GMO's in any form even though it is not labeled & in most products. I will choose the higher priced Grass fed to slaughter meat over GMO fed. Thank you for any information that you could give on this matter. From SA
 Their reply
SA,

Thank you for the question.

I’m sorry to report that at this time we cannot make a non-GMO claim. With cross pollinization it is next to impossible for any grain fed product to make that claim and we virtually cannot source enough non-gmo product if we could afford it.  I’m glad that you have found and like the grass fed product. It is a great alternative if you like the flavor and can live with the price.

I would not be surprised if it will soon be difficult to get grass fed that is non-GMO as that technology moves to grasses and is already used in alfalfa.

Dan Probert
Country Natural Beef
541-473-3355

No comments:

Post a Comment