Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nature's Rancher Question

 How sad!!! Look below at the question I sent in and the reply

Questions: Could you please consider using non-GMO corn and soy feed and products. If something is not labeled as organic then I look for the non-gmo label when I shop and I don\'t see that on your products. I really like your products but I am buying more non-gmo products. Here\'s a website with gmo info. and getting a label http://www.nongmoproject.org/take-action/action-for-retailers/ Thank you

 Re: Nature's Rancher Question/Comment

Due to the prevalence of the GMOs in the commodity grain market, and the limited availability of verified non-GMO feed, we cannot require the use of only non-GMO feed for our products.
Sincerely
Nature’s Rancher

3 comments:

  1. Have you contacted them recently to find out if this still stands? I sent them an email, but never received a response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, I got a reply back today from Nature's Rancher and it said "Hi Sherry,

      I'm sorry, but we cannot guarantee our animals are fed a non-GMO diet.

      To ensure non-GMO look for organic or non-GMO project verified items.

      Thank you,

      Nature’s Rancher"

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen,

    I just looked on their website and filled out their contact form to ask them. I didn't see any non-gmo verified or organic symbols so I would guess that they still feed their animals gmo feed and they list Soy, Sugar, Vinger(often made of gmo corn), and egg yolk (could be from gmo-fed chickens) in their cooking and grilling sauces. I will update with their email reply if I get one. Thanks for the great question and for reading my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete