Friday, January 25, 2013

My GMO-free life

I do not eat genetically modified food most of the time. That means I live a GMO free lifestyle. They make me ill. I was eating homemade tortillas on a daily basis & started to get ill with the same symptoms that I get when I eat GMO's. I searched my house & couldn't figure out why I was getting sick again but then I found the reason. I was using baking powder in my tortillas and I looked on the container & there in the ingredients list was "corn starch". As many of you know, most all corn is genetically modified. I threw it out and got well again.

Please watch the movie called "Genetic Roulette" put out by "The Institute for Responsible Technology" (Jeffrey Smith). Some of the symptoms that other people get from genetically modified foods are talked about on that film. I get some of those symptoms and more. It's like they'll build up in my body & I get sicker if I continue to ingest foods that contain corn, soy, canola, sugar beets or other known GMO foods.

Please take part in any local GMO labeling effort that goes on in your community. Other countries do label GMO products but the United States does not so people are working to try & change that but so far have been unsuccessful.

Please create awareness by asking about genetically engineered food where-ever you shop or eat. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment